Education & Events
CT HFMA’s 4th Annual Women in Leadership Event
Thursday, March 12, 2020
Saint Clements Castle – Portland, CT
Breakthrough Life’s Toughest Moments to Live the Life of Your Dreams
Are fears and limiting beliefs holding you back?
Join HFMA Members and Non Members for an evening of inspiration and motivation. The event will focus on how your mindset and beliefs may be holding you back. You will learn the importance of goal setting to keep you on track and focused. Then you will walk through an exercise on how to set a goal. You will leave empowered to breakthrough life’s toughest moments to live the life of your dreams.
4:00 pm – 5:00 pm Registration & Networking
5:00 pm – 5:15 pm Welcome & Introductions
5:15 pm – 6:00 pm Speaker – Lisa Reck – Breakthrough life’s toughest moment’s to live the life of your dreams
Personal story of how I learned at a young age to overcome life-altering obstacles. Mindset is everything. Understand how your self-limiting beliefs hold you back. Why setting goals is so important to keep you on track and focused which can catapult you into living the life of your dreams.
6:00 pm – 7:00 pm Buffet Dinner/ Networking Activity
7:00 pm – 8:00 pm Speakers: Jennifer and Andy Gil – Setting Goals Exercise
(Agenda timing may update)
SAVE THE DATE & REGISTER NOW!
HFMA’s FQHC Conference
April 9, 2020
The Executive Court Banquet Facility Manchester, New Hampshire
This Conference includes finance and revenue cycle topics of value to you.
- Keynote address: Michael Taylor, NAHHC Board member – national perspective
- FQHC Specific Strategies for Using Data to Increase Cash Collections – PMG
- FQHC Reimbursement and the Importance of the Medicare Cost Report for the FQHC – Marcum LLP
- What’s new with the HRSA Site Visits – BerryDunn
- Protecting 340B Program Revenue – ATRIA 340B by Hudson Headwaters
- FQHC Coding and Documentation – VantagePoint Healthcare Advisors
- Attributes of Better Performing Billing Departments – PMG
- 330 Grant Compliance – Uniform Guidance – BKD LLP
- Data Driven Decision Making – BKD LLP
- Importance of Data Accuracy on the Front-End
We’ve assembled a faculty of subject matter experts in their fields.
Who Should Attend: CFO’s, Controllers, those involved in Revenue Cycle from front-end staff to Director level.
Non-HMFA members are always welcome.
We have a room block at the Best Western Plus Executive Court Inn connected to the conference facility with special pricing ($102 single room with one or two adults, choice of one king or two queen beds) for this conference available through March 8, 2020. Call the hotel directly 603.627.2525 option 1 for the front desk) to reserve your room today. Please mention you are with the HFMA FQHC Conference.
SAVE THE DATE!
CT HFMA’s 1st Annual Early Careerists Event
Thursday April 23, 2020
8:00am – 5:00pm
Stony Creek Brewery, Branford CT
CHRIS TUFF, EVP 22SQUARED
The Millennial Whisperer
A graduate of Vanderbilt, Chris is an accomplished digital marketer, investor, business development leader,
youngest partner in the history of a 100-year-old advertising agency, bestselling author,
public speaker, husband, father of two and advocate of empathy and connection.
- HFMA 101 / Value of HFMA
- How Best to Create and Deliver Presentations
- Panel – Hartford Business Journal’s 40 under Forty
- BI & Data analytics (new technology in HC Finance)
- Management skills / Business Leadership / The courage to lead / leadership, teamwork, confidence
- How to Lead Millennial’s
- Etiquette in business/professional settings
- Etiquette in golf
- career advise to early- to mid-careerists
- CT HFMA Past President’s Panel
- Networking Reception
- Professional Head shots
Registration Coming Soon!!
Nineteenth Annual Healthcare Conference
May 19-20, 2020
MGM Springfield, Springfield, MA
Full Details and Registration are Coming Soon!
The HFMA Region 1 Chapters (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts-Rhode Island and New Hampshire-Vermont) have scheduled the Nineteenth Annual Healthcare Conference for May 19-20, 2020. We are excited to announce this upcoming Conference will be held at the MGM Resorts Conference Center in Springfield, Massachusetts. The Conference gathers healthcare financial professionals, including CFO’s and senior executives, from New England, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and other regions with sessions that focus on varying facets of healthcare financial leadership. We expect it to be better then ever!
HIGHLIGHTS FOR THIS YEAR’S CONFERENCE
- Keynote Address by Dr. Rigsby, President and CEO, Rick Rigsby Communications. He is a former award-winning journalist, college professor and football character coach at Texas A&M University.
- Conference theme – Financial Leadership
- We anticipate over 350 attendees.
- Exhibit hall with 50 industry exhibitors
- Cocktail reception
- After-Party with bowling